1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 Residential Visit Suggestions Wanted

Discussion in 'School trips' started by Rebbol, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Our year 6 go to Avon Tyrell in the New Forest. Very successful visits for the last 4 years. The same centre is used by the Winchester Schools Orchestra's and choirs for their residentials. I presume they are very happy as they keep using it and the kids really love it. Basic, clean, great food and a good selection of activities inc. a lake for rafting etc.

2. jessjaw

jessjaw New commenter

I would also highly recommend Knapp House in Northam, North Devon. It's family run, has a fantastic range of activities and has a great approach to looking after schools and groups. We particularly like way the instructors have a real talent for the pastoral, caring side of things, and also the way the programme was completely suited to our own needs. It's nice to visit a family-run venture and from the teacher's side of things- the accommodation provided for children and staff was good: So much fun and a hit with the children and staff!

3. Hi Rebbol, you may have already booked up and I would be interested to find out where you found. Wide Horizons is a charity that runs residential's it has centres in Wales, Swanage and Kent. Good focus on education as well as fun! www.widehorizons.org.uk