1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 recommended resources for classroom?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by gnomie_p, Aug 2, 2012.

1. gnomie_p

gnomie_p New commenter

Hi, I'm an NQT who will be teaching a Yr 6 class in September. Having enjoyed the last few weeks chilling out etc, I'd now like to spend a bit of time thinking more about my classroom. I've been doing supply and have so many ideas of how to set my class up but can't seem to pick just a few to focus on!

I would like people's opinions about what they consider to be essential classroom resources for a Year 6 class. Obviously I will have tables set up with pencils, rubbers, rulers etc but what else - e.g. 100 squares? Word mats? VCOP pyramids? Are there any websites with useful resources pre-made?

Thanks for your time :)

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

primarytreasurechest is also good and the resources look a bit more grown up than many other sites.

tpet is also good for ready made bits.

3. gnomie_p

gnomie_p New commenter

Thank you both! Looking for a more grown up primary site is something I've been doing for a little while as some resources I've come across seem a little babyish for the Year 6s. Thank you both