1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

year 6 production - minimal costumes, musical preferred. any ideas?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by poet, May 1, 2012.

1. poet

poet New commenter

Hello you lovely lot
    The time has come again for the end of year production discussions to be frantically taking place and this year we're at a bit of a loss. For various logistical reasons we can't have anything mahoosive and there would be an absolute nightmare if we had to make costumes and props etc. (as we did last year for joseph)
    I'm looking for something easy in terms of set productionm costumesm props etc. Preferably a musical as it worked so beautifully last year. So something they could do in their uniform? Or jeans or tracksuits etc. that they'd have at home.
    Any ideas please send them this way! The show must go on after all!...

2. poet

poet New commenter

Hello you lovely lot
    The time has come again for the end of year production discussions to be frantically taking place and this year we're at a bit of a loss. For various logistical reasons we can't have anything mahoosive and there would be an absolute nightmare if we had to make costumes and props etc. (as we did last year for joseph)
    I'm looking for something easy in terms of set productionm costumesm props etc. Preferably a musical as it worked so beautifully last year. So something they could do in their uniform? Or jeans or tracksuits etc. that they'd have at home.
    Any ideas please send them this way! The show must go on after all!...

3. Leicester_Vics

Leicester_Vics New commenter

We'redoing School Daze, by Edgy Productions.
    <a> http://www.edgyproductions.com/musicals/school_daze/index.html [/URL]

It's my first ever production and we don't have much money to spend, in fact I spent my music budget on the script and license! But apart from the futuristic Granny and Grandad, the rest are all school scenes, so could be done in uniform.

4. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

I really don't understand why more schools don't have the children come up with their own. You can theme it if you want. This year ours will be Olympic/Jubilee based, last year it was a journey through different TV shows. We sing plenty of songs (usually a mix of old and new pop songs).
    The children have great ideas and can make the show quite funny and touching (with a bit of adult help).

5. i browse through Karaoke albums and write plays around the topics children are learning.
    We have done a pirate play with Queen Music
    A space play with Abba Music
    this year we are doing a 60's HI de Hi with Cliff Richards Karaoke tracks
    Great Fun
    and its free to perform

6. I've done ones by Edgy productions (Brushes, buses, bobbies and bleach I think one was called). With it being set in a school, it requires few costumes. We did shorten the script quite a bit though. The songs are good.

7. Superkids rock the planet doesn't need any costumes, the kids just their own clothes, and it's got backing-tracks etc so it's easy to put on.