1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 NQT Support Group?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by pantobabe, May 5, 2012.

1. pantobabe

pantobabe New commenter

Hi all PGCE/bED/GTP goers and anyone else out there!

I have managed to obtain a job for next year (yey!) but I am going to be in year 6 (eek!) and after trawling over some of the forum posts around here it seems that there are a few other NQT newbees who are also going to be in Year 6 next year and are a little panicked like me about what the darling 10 and 11 year olds will bring our- therefore I wondered whether any of you would be intrested in maybe getting a little group together to share email addresses so that over the year we can all share our stories/ offer support about work, planning, behaviour management and the dreaded SATS? I've saw posts such as this for previous years but thought it may be beneficial to start one up for this year (2012/2013?)

Congratulations to everyone who had jobs and good look to all those with interviews/lesson obs coming up!

[​IMG]

2. pantobabe

pantobabe New commenter

Hi all PGCE/bED/GTP goers and anyone else out there!

I have managed to obtain a job for next year (yey!) but I am going to be in year 6 (eek!) and after trawling over some of the forum posts around here it seems that there are a few other NQT newbees who are also going to be in Year 6 next year and are a little panicked like me about what the darling 10 and 11 year olds will bring our- therefore I wondered whether any of you would be intrested in maybe getting a little group together to share email addresses so that over the year we can all share our stories/ offer support about work, planning, behaviour management and the dreaded SATS? I've saw posts such as this for previous years but thought it may be beneficial to start one up for this year (2012/2013?)

Congratulations to everyone who had jobs and good look to all those with interviews/lesson obs coming up!

[​IMG]

3. I think you have a fantastic idea and wanted to say so. It's just a shame that I'm going to be in Year 5. [​IMG] Good luck with your NQT year and finding support on here.

4. Hi there - congrats on your job!
    I'm not sure yet whether I will have Y5 or 6 when I start my NQT in September - job description is just KS2 (middle school) - but if I end up in Y6 I will definately join your group!
    Lara

5. If you end up in Year 5 Lara you can PM me and we'll try something similar. :)

6. pantobabe

pantobabe New commenter

Sounds like a great idea for you to set something up too.. Best of luck to both of you in your NQT year :) x

7. Hiya,

I have just found out I've got an NQT post to teach year 6 too!!!

This group sounds like a great idea.I have already started panicking about it, especially the SATs.

8. You will all be fine!! I will be comlpeting my NQT year in July and I have had year 6 and loved every minute

9. Hi
    I'm an NQT and have got year 6 next year I feel exactly the same! I definitely want to join your group!

10. Hi all,

I am just finishing my NQT as year 5/6 teacher. I would say that you could include all 5 and 6 as support is great wherever you get it from. I am willing to be part of your group too. NQT is very stressful but it does get better.
    Good luck to everyone

11. gnomie_p

gnomie_p New commenter

My e-mail address is gnomie2012@hotmail.com if anyone wants to start e-mailing and get the group going (could possibly make a fb group if people are signed up?)

12. Congratulations on getting your job!
    I am also an NQT starting in September with a Year 6 class, excited but also slightly nervous!
    so I would love to be apart of the group to share ideas and support each other! My email address is amy_280@msn.com

:)

13. pantobabe

pantobabe New commenter

Glad lots of people want to start this group up! my email is miss.k.mee@gmail.com . If you all send me your email address i'll happily set the facebook page up, as this is how most of us seem to communicate these days! x[​IMG]

14. I'd love to be part of this group aswell.. I will be starting my NQT year in Year 6 and I am pretty worried about the whole thing- would be great to share thoughts and ideas. I'll email the above email address.

15. I will be in Y6 as an NQT and would def use a facebook page. Will e-mail you.

16. hi
    I've emailed you too - would like secret group on facebook to share ideas etc!

17. Did this group ever get set up? I'd be willing to create it if need be - let me know...

18. gnomie_p

gnomie_p New commenter

I've had an email to say it has been set up and I replied with my fb email address but not yet been added. Let me know if you set a fb one up :)

19. gnomie_p

gnomie_p New commenter

I've typed that into fb but nothing comes up :(