1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 Novels

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lotto2, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Need some quality, challenging novels for Yr 6 for guided reading. What do people suggest?

2. Need some quality, challenging novels for Yr 6 for guided reading. What do people suggest?

3. have just got in the 'Badger' gifted and talented books for guided reading which includes some really good books. am reading The Scarecrow and his Servant by Phillip Pullman with my lot, and they really love it. It is a bit random but they love thinking up the meanings behind the metaphors and the language play

4. Thanks - i don't have the largest budget so am bit limited on buying the Badger set at the mo. What are the teacher books like?

Any other novels??

5. My favourite ones are Michael Morpurgo - The Dancing Bear (Dead easy); Waiting for Anya; Friend or Foe; Kensuke's Kingdom and best of all Private Peaceful.

6. What about books for chn who are level 4a/5 now?

7. Most of my class should get level 5 for reading and they have loved these books, and I forgot about When the whales Came. I have written reading comprehensions to go with them that tease out inference and deduction.

8. the boy in the striped pyjamas john boyne

9. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

What about the Tulip Touch by Anne Fine?

10. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Welcome to TES and congratulations for remembering your log on after all this time.
    These resurrected threads freak me out.