1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 Non-Fiction SATs Revision

Discussion in 'Primary' started by gcsouth, Apr 15, 2007.

1. gcsouth

gcsouth New commenter

I'm planning a two week revision of fiction and then non-fiction for two weeks. Does anyone have any advice for how I could teach the non-fiction genres? I was thinking two days on each genre? Look at features one day and write an example the next? What are others doing for this? Thanks!

2. gcsouth

gcsouth New commenter

I'm planning a two week revision of fiction and then non-fiction for two weeks. Does anyone have any advice for how I could teach the non-fiction genres? I was thinking two days on each genre? Look at features one day and write an example the next? What are others doing for this? Thanks!

3. I have just put my literacy revision plan up on http://www.grumbles.me.uk

It's a 6 weeks plan but you could reduce it.

I use it in conjunction with children using their text genre mats which they have made and the focus at this time is on analysing cross-genre texts and planning lots of texts, but not usually writing them.

There's probably loads I have missed out and I just add into lessons as needed - I only did it to put in my file because we are due OFSTED!!!

4. hi just got your 6 week plan which is so helpful, as i am a new year 6 teacher in my 2nd year of teaching. can you tell me what the text genre mats are? do they make them themselves?or have you got them and could e mail me them? thanks[​IMG]