1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6... maths

Discussion in 'Primary' started by eggles, Jun 19, 2011.

1. We've done theme park maths, the children loved it. We've done lots of puzzles and challenges.
    Looking for other ideas.

2. We've done theme park maths, the children loved it. We've done lots of puzzles and challenges.
    Looking for other ideas.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Our year 6 children are also loving theme park, as am I!

There is a murder mystery on here as well that looks good. Can't easily find the link, but if you are better at bypassing the nonsense that is the search engine then you will be able to find it well enough.

The Bank of England have some resources that are excellent (and tick the financial capability of ECM) and would keep your children occupied for a few weeks of maths lessons.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Pentominoes is a good investigative task.

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Murder Mystery:
    https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Murder-Mystery-6017251/
    Bank of England Pounds and Pence:
    http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/education/poundsandpence/index.htm

6. razziegyp

razziegyp New commenter

Am I being especially thick here? I downloaded the Theme Park maths from the Primary resources website and it looks great. However, you create the theme park on squared paper and there were no teachers' note/ guidelines telling me how big the paper is allowed to be and how big the squares are. Or was there somewhere and I didn't see it?? Who knows? Can someone help me please? Thanks.

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Not sure that is the same murder mystery one I have, but hey it looks just as good! I've emailed it to my year team colleague who is taking back his lower set soon.

Thank you for posting the links. I now feel mean for not having made the effort to do so, must try harder in future! :)

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

We just used A4 paper in cm squares because that is what we had. If you have different it really doesn't matter, any will do.

9. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Have the murder mystery in my favourites and have used the Bank of England resources before so it was no trouble! [​IMG]
    Don't feel guilty - it is Sunday evening!

10. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Ahhh thank you.

11. razziegyp

razziegyp New commenter

Thank you minnieminx.

12. wellingtonboot

wellingtonboot New commenter