1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 Leavers

Discussion in 'Primary' started by UpsidedownWorld, May 29, 2011.

1. For our end of year show, Year 6 always do a few songs about leaving etc. Generally using pop songs. Previously they have done Take That - Never Forget, Rule the world etc.

Has anybody got any suggestions for this year?

Thanks in advance!

2. For our end of year show, Year 6 always do a few songs about leaving etc. Generally using pop songs. Previously they have done Take That - Never Forget, Rule the world etc.

Has anybody got any suggestions for this year?

Thanks in advance!

3. When I do the slides show of pictures for the last assembly, I try to put lots of fun/inspirational songs in the background - one I use is 525,600 minutes from the Broadway Show RENT -Ok the show is not suitable for the children - but the song is love.....525,600 minutes, how do you measure, measure a year....in raindrops, in sunsets, in midnights or cups of coffee...no you measure in llluuurrrvvvveee....but cheesy I know!

4. Ladykaza

Ladykaza Senior commenter

Our parents always put together a slide show and use the take that track plus a madonna song , don't know the the name but it's a sad ballad with the line ' this used to be our playground' ( sorry , showing quite how old and uncool I am). Only downside , not a dry eye in the house, including me, tough old bird that I am!

5. The song is actually called Seasons of Love....

6. I search this question every year!

Some I've used in the past (as they have fitted the ethos of the class leaving) are:
    World's greatest - R Kelly
    Good riddance - Green day
    Greatest day - Take that
    Wish you well (from Drop dead Diva)
    I hope you dance - Lee Ann Womack

I like to do new ones each year so any further other suggestions on your post would be greatly appreciated also.

7. for when they're all coming on at beginning for their moment of glory we've used one that goes... school bag in hand.... o heck cant remember rest... but was a corker.... had everyone crying! I was an emotional wreck... i was preggers at time though so cried at most things! :) ill see if i can find it on google...

8. o crikey... its abba... how did i not know that! :) slipping through my fingers.
    we used it as girls walked on one by one and had slide show in background of their fav memories. think we used r kelly worlds greatest whilst boys walked on