1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 leavers' song

Discussion in 'Primary' started by esiuol2008, Jun 7, 2009.

1. 'Proud' by Heather Small
    We also do a movie with photos of the kids, and if there is a member of staff leaving we do the same for them too.

2. Fischy Music - As we go now from this moment' is a lovely song with very appropriate words. All of Fischy Music's songs are great.

3. One more step. We also use proud (Heather Small) and last year Mika I could be... a group of Y6's were big fans. Always ask Y6's to choose a sone had to smile when one year chose updated version of Elvis A little less talk a bit more action! Summed them up!
    I digi blue their memories we watch them in the leavers assembly. I give them the disc with any bits of clips/ films I can find from their time at school.

4. Choose one - not choose a shone

5. I am doing 'You've got a friend in me' (Toy Story) as that's the theme and then 'Reach for the Stars' S Club 7. Also doing a time capsule where they come forward and speak about their memory and then put in in. At end it is all tied up and given to the P1s to keep tll they are P7.

6. How about "Everyones changing" by Keen. (Think that's the tiltle). You could do a power point of photographs as it's played of the Year 6 children as they have grown from babies to as they are now.

7. What is the music like in the books from outoftheark.com? is it very complicated? I am taking a choir but i'm not a particularly confident pianist. I know you can buy the cd but I would prefer to play if possible?!

8. Do you have a copy of either of those songs that I could have a look at?

9. Ours was on an Abba theme last year and the final song was a tearjerker.
    We sang "School Bag in Hand..." but the pupils re-wrote the words - not a dry eye in the house - during the instrumental the pupils walked off the stage and gave their mums a single rose. It was SO memorable.
    Good luck with it
    x

10. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

We do 'Is this the way to secondary school' to the Amarillo tune. It comes at the end of our leavers show each year and the kids love it.

11. Just wondering if you have any of your re-written lyrics to these songs that you might post or send to me at floundergj@yahoo.com.au????

Really interested... want to write my own for our leavers but looking for ideas and ways to start!

THANKS!!!!!!

12. Out of the ark Music have lots of leavers songs www.outoftheark.com
    There are 4 in their title Here Comes Summer - The Leavers' Song and Friendship Forever are particularly good.

13. We did 'Wake me up when September ends' by Green day, however changed the word 'ends' to 'comes'. Worked very well.

14. I also wanted to do that Abba song that includes the line " school bag in hand..." or alternative lyrics to "Is this the way to Amarillo" - does anyone have the alternative lyrics to send to me?

marialaidlaw@btinternet.com

thanks

15. Hi there Starkey. The Monkees idea sounds brilliant. I don't suppose I could get a copy of the lyrics? I'm hopeless at songwriting :-(

Many thanks.

Kerry

16. jel73

jel73 New commenter

I modified the lyrics to "Time of my Life" by the Black Eyed Peas (kept the chorus the same) and the children will sing it as a powerpoint of photos from throughout their time at school is displayed.

17. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

I like this one, thinking about the younger ones saying goodbye to the Year 6 friends who are leaving:

www.youtube.com/watch

18. This is slightly off topic but my class have to sing a song to say goodbye to the Year 6's and my only idea id 'so long farewell' but slightly changed. Does anyone have any other ideas.

Thank you in advance.

19. HSX

HSX Occasional commenter

I too would like some ideas for revised lyrics. Any song is cool and you've all had better ideas than I have had so far. Please send to mrpitts [at] mrpitts dot co dot uk. (Hopefully that'll confuse the spambots!)