1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 leavers/memory book - what to include?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by eggles, May 20, 2009.

1. I'm having a complete blank. I've decided to let all the year 6 children in my class do a page of a leavers/memory book, that will be bound together so that every child will recieve one when they leave. Just can't think of the type of tings the children could include. Some of the things i've thought of are ... best friends, best memory, photographs etc Anymore ideas?
    Thank you in advance

2. I'm having a complete blank. I've decided to let all the year 6 children in my class do a page of a leavers/memory book, that will be bound together so that every child will recieve one when they leave. Just can't think of the type of tings the children could include. Some of the things i've thought of are ... best friends, best memory, photographs etc Anymore ideas?
    Thank you in advance

3. Funniest thing that has happened to me in school
    School Play memories (from previous Years in scholl not just when in year 6)
    Sports Day
    Favourite teachers / assistants / lunch supervisors
    Most memorable person in the year group
    Visitors that have come to work with us
    School trips I have been on
    Responsibilites I have had
    Sport events and teams
    Clubs I have belonged to

4. Also ask the pupils what sort of things they want in their book!

5. Map of the school
    Picture of the school from google earth
    Pictures of the teachers
    Most likely to.....
    Class photo from reception up

6. FAIRYDELL

FAIRYDELL New commenter

Hi, I'm doing something similar and will ask the children to write something positive about each one of their classmates. I know this will take some faffing around with, but I think it will be lovely for each child to have a page of positive comments to read about themselves.

7. I get the chn to write a poem about themselves. Something tolook back and laugh at when they're older.