1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 Leavers Gifts

Discussion in 'Primary' started by miss_understood, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Does anyone have any ideas for alternative gifts for my Year Sixes? Historically we have presented them with a dictionary but I feel this is a little dull. Anyone got any suggestions for something around the same kind of price? Thanks!

2. Does anyone have any ideas for alternative gifts for my Year Sixes? Historically we have presented them with a dictionary but I feel this is a little dull. Anyone got any suggestions for something around the same kind of price? Thanks!

3. mousethew

mousethew New commenter

An autograph/notebook with a class photo inside?

4. NicJ

NicJ New commenter

Hi! We make the children autograph books just from poster paper, which they get signed on the last day. This year, we're giving them a mug with the school logo on and Y6 Leavers 2007.
    Hope that helps!
    Nic

5. I make a CD of songs chosen by each of them, along with a cover with a photo of the whole class doing something from the course of the year (a great trip etc.) I leave part of the inside cover blank so they can all write messages to one another as well. Has gone down really well in previous years.

6. For the last few years i've given the following gifts. I get an A4 peice of paper, draw a rectange around the edge and then get all the children to sign their name around the outside. Then I take a class photo and copy and paste it into the box then print it out on photograph paper. The children then have a nice photo with all their signatures round it. I then get a silver/gold pen and write an individual message and sign each photo. The children's faces when they get the picture always brings a lump to my throat (as if the last day of term isnt upsetting enough!).
    I also burn a CD of all the photos that we have taken over the 7 years they have been at school for them.
    Hope this helps.