1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 History Question

Discussion in 'History' started by FoxMad, Jul 26, 2014.

1. FoxMad

FoxMad New commenter

Hello. I realise most people will be in Summer holiday mode, but am hoping one or two of you will be able to assist with this query.

I'm returning to Year 6 from September, and have Ancient Greeks as a topic, which presents no problem at all to me as there are plenty of resources to be found online and in school.

However, my other 'topic' is 'Early Islamic Civilization, including a study of Baghdad c AD 900'. Now, it is fair to say that my existing knowledge of this is somewhat limited!

Has anyone prepared anything, or could someone point me in the right direction of suitable resources? I've looked and cannot find ANYTHING at all, which I find amazing!

Needless to say, I'm going to start with Ancient Greece which will buy me a bit of time, but I would be very grateful for any assistance. I've been teaching for 20 years, and this is the first time I have been "stuck"!!!

Many thanks, and I hope you all have a lovely Summer. [​IMG]

2. Morninglover

Morninglover Lead commenter

You could look here:

www.tes.co.uk/TaxonomySearchResults.aspx

and also in KS3 History books from the early days of the National Curriculum, books such as:

P Bargley & H Bourdillon, Medieval Islam, Hodder & Stoughton, 1993

J Child, The Rise of Islam, Heinemann, Oxford, 1991

F Macdonald, The World of Islam up to the 1500’s, Collins Educational, London, 1991

P Mantin & R Mantin, The Islamic World, CUP, Cambridge, 1993

C Shepherd et al, Contrasts and Connections, John Murray, London, 1991

3. FoxMad

FoxMad New commenter

That's great. Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply, FolkFan. I appreciate it.

4. dav1970

dav1970 New commenter

Hi Fox

Has your school taken the decision to drop WW2? We are still going to continue with it, concentrating on the effect on Britain - as far as I can see, that fits part of the new curriculum requirements. After a term of that, we are doing rivers and mountains then onto Ancient Greeks.

Cheers

D