1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 end of year performance ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lnevil1, Jan 10, 2012.

1. lnevil1

lnevil1 New commenter

Hello,

I am new to year 6 and would love to put on an end of year show/performance. Any suggestions? It would need to be for 28 children.

Thanks

2. We did Olivia! last year; it was brilliant! The parents were in fits of giggles and tears alternately, the children loved it and we got a lot of praise from everyone who saw it.

3. TreesK

TreesK New commenter

4. Pirates of the Curry Bean! Spoof musical-lots of fun,catchy songs,jokes for all!

5. lnevil1

lnevil1 New commenter

Thanks for all the responses, I didn't know there were so many great plays out there. I am really excited about doing a performance; just a shame we have to get through SATs first! My only concern is that the cast lists on many of these scripts seem to suggest more people than a class of children. Do you have children taking more than one part or do I need more children? Also, how long will it realistically take to get the children ready (from start to finish)?
    Thanks

6. angelinascullina

angelinascullina New commenter

Hi

I hear your pain. It is very challenging to find a script to fit cast numbers exactly. I had been in the same position countless times when I started writing my own material which is now available for other schools to use and can be found at www.luckybucket.co.uk - please feel free to have a look around.

We have a couple of shows which are episodic in nature so that sections can be dropped out if the cast is too small and it does not affect the plot. These are so much easier to rehearse and the narration used throughout help to move things along.

We send scripts out to schools throughout the year and the bulk of the orders come in April but can come as late as June! We worry about how little time some schools leave to rehearse but it depends how much time you can commit in a week.

I have staged a full scale two act musical in 10 days including a day of auditions HOWEVER we were rehearsing from 10-4pm every day.

I know that a lot of schools start rehearsing properly after the May half term.

Hope that has helped a bit
    Angela