1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 Creative Curriculum

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Bailey10, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Love these ideas - thank you!

2. Lights, camera, action - playscripts, movie making, Dt - building stages, Science - sound, light, electricity, visit to theatre for behind scenes tour, visiting theatre group,

Detectives - great on the run up for SATs as plenty of opportunity for reading activities using inference and deduction. Big scope for science, history, geog etc.

3. LOL at Pip Davenport - Brings back memories of last year's SATs. I can't find the thread from here again, but here's some quotes I copied into Word at the time because I thought they were so memorable:

http://embedit.in/9UDj9VLdNk.swf

4. Hi
    I am very interested in your theme park topic. Howmany hours did it fill?
    Just starting CC in Year 6 and looking for ideas.
    Regards
    Andy Hatchard

5. angrypuppy

angrypuppy New commenter

got a topic linked to clockwork planned, looking at armour and designing protection for working animals in DT
    pbkupersamy your ideas sounds great any info for your theme park topic would be greatfully recieved!

6. angrypuppy

angrypuppy New commenter

oops meant to leave email:

welsh.dragon@hotmail.co.uk

7. angrypuppy

angrypuppy New commenter

8. I'm year six and our school is looking to cover forces creatively. Could you e mail me some more ideas. They sound great!

9. Moisy

Moisy New commenter

I too am in Yr 6 this year and would really appreciate a look at your theme park topic if you don't mind.
    Many thanks
    moira@xkell.freeserve.co.uk

10. Have you got any planning based on the titanic?
    I am interested in this topic and was looking for some ideas!
    Thanks
    Amy

matthewsamy1@hotmail.co.uk

11. There are some Titanic activities in the Resources section. In primary resources (Problem Solving) there is an activity based on the Lunar Theme Park where the children can make a scale model and their own fairground rides - excellent for DT, Maths, Literacy (advertising, following instructions and of course the past SAT paper!).
    So jealous that you can do this!
    Liz

12. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Beat me to it!