1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 Class Read

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Ktee, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Ktee

Ktee New commenter

Looking for inspiration for a 'class read'. Usually read to my Y6s at the end of the day if we have time and they really like it. Have just finished David Walliams 'Billionaire Boy' which they absolutely loved. In the past have done Charlie and the Choc Factory and Alice in Wonderland which were both topic linked. Am looking for inspiration for a new class read. It doesn't have to be topic linked, I'm just looking for something they can all enjoy- especially given stress of impending Sats!!

Any ideas???

Thanks x

2. Ktee

Ktee New commenter

Looking for inspiration for a 'class read'. Usually read to my Y6s at the end of the day if we have time and they really like it. Have just finished David Walliams 'Billionaire Boy' which they absolutely loved. In the past have done Charlie and the Choc Factory and Alice in Wonderland which were both topic linked. Am looking for inspiration for a new class read. It doesn't have to be topic linked, I'm just looking for something they can all enjoy- especially given stress of impending Sats!!

Any ideas???

Thanks x

3. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Lionboy by Zizi Corder
    Varjak Paw by SF Said
    Any of the Lemony Snickett books (not my favourite but the children enjoy them!)

4. luffenham

luffenham New commenter

Mine LOVED Granny by Anthony Horowitz and we've just finished Boom...or( was it Zoom?) by Mark Haddon. Had to adjust a few choice words in this but great cliffhanger moments!

5. Holes by Louis Sachar is great. There's so much to discuss as you go along, and my class were absolutely hooked.

6. hpblossom

hpblossom New commenter

Holes is great but lots of secondary schools do it in Year 7 - might be worth checking if possible.

7. Anything by Michael Morpurgo or Jacqueline Wilson. Mine loved Kensuke's Kingdom, Tracey Beaker and The Suitcase Kid.

Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz?

Some classics eg Treasure Island, Peter Pan?

8. Msz

Msz Established commenter

seconded

9. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

The Diamond Brothers series by Anthony Horowitz - very amusing [​IMG]