1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

year 6 booster session- how to organise?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by clangercrazy, Jan 11, 2012.

1. clangercrazy

clangercrazy New commenter

Hi
    I'm new to year 6 and have been told my TA will be employed as HLTA for every morning (well, apart from Fridays as she only works 4 days a week) from now until SATs.
    Basically, I'm wondering how you organise your class and booster sessions, as I'm just not sure exactly what to do with her!
    Should I split the class and give her a group to work with every day and she do same objectives as me but planned herself to be at right level for those children?
    Any ideas on how you experienced year 6 teachers handle it, would be most appreciated!

2. clangercrazy

clangercrazy New commenter

Hi
    I'm new to year 6 and have been told my TA will be employed as HLTA for every morning (well, apart from Fridays as she only works 4 days a week) from now until SATs.
    Basically, I'm wondering how you organise your class and booster sessions, as I'm just not sure exactly what to do with her!
    Should I split the class and give her a group to work with every day and she do same objectives as me but planned herself to be at right level for those children?
    Any ideas on how you experienced year 6 teachers handle it, would be most appreciated!

3. carriecat10

carriecat10 Occasional commenter Community helper

Lucky you ... great opportunity to make a difference.
    I would suggest considering your role first. How could you make the most difference? You might consider targeting your support at your vulnerable children (as in vulnerable to not achieving their potential). This might be those who could make a L4 or L5 with a good push.
    Perhaps these are the children you and the HLTA work with?
    Carrie [​IMG]