1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 Balanced argument....reading elelment.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by eggles, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Tomorrow, I will be observed. The SIP would like to see a reading element in the lessons as this is our area of concern. I started the unit today where the reading element happened-reading two balnaced arguments, identifying the text features and structure etc.
    In tomorrow's lesson the children will take part in a speaking and listening activity where they get in role and decide on the pro's and con's for building a wind turbine on their school field. I would like to include some kind of reading element to start with to demonstrate the reading techniques we use as part of the literacy hour. The children will go on to present their views in role as maybe a speech (haven't finalised this yet).
    This seems like I'm jumping through hoops, but we have to do it unfortunately. I was thinking of presenting them with a speech written by myself to read so they have a firm idea on how to structure this for their final presentation or maybe some facts about win turbines.
    What do you think? Ideas appreciated.

2. Tomorrow, I will be observed. The SIP would like to see a reading element in the lessons as this is our area of concern. I started the unit today where the reading element happened-reading two balnaced arguments, identifying the text features and structure etc.
    In tomorrow's lesson the children will take part in a speaking and listening activity where they get in role and decide on the pro's and con's for building a wind turbine on their school field. I would like to include some kind of reading element to start with to demonstrate the reading techniques we use as part of the literacy hour. The children will go on to present their views in role as maybe a speech (haven't finalised this yet).
    This seems like I'm jumping through hoops, but we have to do it unfortunately. I was thinking of presenting them with a speech written by myself to read so they have a firm idea on how to structure this for their final presentation or maybe some facts about win turbines.
    What do you think? Ideas appreciated.

3. How about you make the letter from the local council the reading point? In this you can name the issue and establish what the children have to do to help resolve the issue i.e. get in role and identify the pro's and con's for building a wind turbine on their school field.