1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 algebra

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by chele1987, Nov 5, 2015.

1. colinbillett

colinbillett Occasional commenter

I do wonder what some people have been teaching, and what exam papers they have been looking at, if they do not know what is actually on the specs. I know it is pretty universal - I have a foundation candidate for tuition and the teacher has been laboriously covering product of two binomials, for foundation in 2015. But nth term has always been on the current foundation, and before that on the Intermediate.

2. colinbillett

I love the way this feed keeps popping up again and again. I'm still waiting to see the 2016 SATs...

3. DeborahCarol

DeborahCarol New commenter

4. DeborahCarol

The SATS are finished, so teach algebra! It'll be a great headstart for Year 7.

colinbillett likes this.
  5. DeborahCarol

(To the most able, who know FDP inside out, and, cheeringly, with the new curriculum, lots do!!)

colinbillett likes this.
  6. colinbillett

I know it might look like I'm harking back to hold arguments, but leafing through the 2017 SATs today, for KS2, I'm reminded of this question, which rather vindicates all I said early. Term to term is certainly isn't, finding a rule it clearly is. number pattern.jpg