1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 after sats

Discussion in 'Primary' started by emilycrowe, Jun 16, 2012.

1. I am doing supply in a year 6 class until the end of the term. I was just wondering what happens to the curriculum in year 6 after sats is literacy and numeracy completely left out? I know the school promotes independent learning. Lot and they've got a school production to do but I'm stuck on what I should actually be teaching?? Any help would be great thanks.

2. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

It shouldn't be.
    Whatever they don't currently know. Sorry if that sounds flippant, but the school should give you guidance on what needs to be covered with these children. The teacher should have some form of assessment data which tells you what they need to work on. In theory they should have been taught everything but there will probably be still be areas of writing that need work for many children and there are lots of opportunities for problem solving lessons in maths.