1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 5

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by sunshine247, Feb 17, 2015.

1. sunshine247

sunshine247 New commenter

Hi

been teaching for several years and have recently acquired a year 5 class. They are quite rude, spoilt ( affluent area) and top heavy girls so generally quite bitchy. They're are about 7/8 troublesome ones so its not just one that you can isolate. Any ideas folks as its only half way through year and I am exhausted!

?

2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Do a session on the importance of good manners.

How about getting them involved in a project to help those less fortunate than themselves?

My grandson is very spoilt at the moment as his parents are wealthy - his is, however, only three. I hope and pray that his parents teach him at some point the importance of helping those less well off than he is once he is old enough to understand.

3. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

How can a 3 year old be spoiled? I have a 3 year old who is a typical 3 year old with some tantrums, etc., but does have time-outs when his emotions get too much for him. He is learning please and thanks but spoiled at 3?

4. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

hi sabrinakat

Thanks for your post.

Perhaps spoiled isnt' the right word... I am not sure what the right word is. Perhaps rude is a better description.

My daughter has lavished material things on him to the point of the ridiculous: everyday is Christmas in their house. He is very demanding.

If my daughter and her boyfriend do not take action of some sort, I envision teachers calling them about just the sort of scenario described by the original poster; however, you are right in that at 3 perhaps it is a bit to early to be worried and he with the proper guidance will not be rude and act spoiled at school.