1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

year 5 topics???

Discussion in 'Primary' started by handycart, Jul 24, 2009.

1. hi all,
    I'm having a move to year 5 in sept and really excited about it. Would love to make my planning topic based, just wondered what topics current year 5 teachers do.
    At the minute i've just had a quick look at topics and can see some that fit together nicely like musical instrument, sound in science and john lennon.
    Just seen on here a chocolate topic which sounds fun- do any year 5 teachers do this

Thanks x

2. hi all,
    I'm having a move to year 5 in sept and really excited about it. Would love to make my planning topic based, just wondered what topics current year 5 teachers do.
    At the minute i've just had a quick look at topics and can see some that fit together nicely like musical instrument, sound in science and john lennon.
    Just seen on here a chocolate topic which sounds fun- do any year 5 teachers do this

Thanks x

3. We do...

Space
    Whitby (go on a residential here as well)
    Vikings
    Egypt
    Shakespeare
    Healthy Eating

Hope this helps, chocolate one sounds interesting, might have a look in to this.

4. water
    greeks
    space
    discovering decades

5. Lisawba

Lisawba New commenter

In Year 5 this year our topics were:
    Cool stuff - (spies, gadgets, all linked to science)
    The Victorians
    The Greeks
    The Aztecs
    Rivers and Coasts

6. CB123

CB123 New commenter

The Victorians
    The Greeks
    WW2
    Windrush
    all these are great for topic work