1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 5 tips needed

Discussion in 'Primary' started by scorpio12, Jan 12, 2016.

1. scorpio12

scorpio12 New commenter

Hi all. I am taking over a Year 5 class soon. I am primary trained but haven't taught this age group before so looking for any hints/tips. What works particularly well in your class? Particularly tips on reward systems and managing marking would be great. Many thanks.

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Doesn't the school already have a reward system/behaviour management system and a marking policy?

teacup71 likes this.
  3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I agree with Middlemarch, you need to follow the school policy and then if you need to add anything extra for your own class, think what you need to make your class work for you. For example I had stamps for marking/ stars/ comments et al, so children were always on their toes' as to what I would use for any piece of work.
    They can be quite mature by Year 5 and even more so as you move toward the summer, so keep expectations high.

teacup71 likes this.
  4. scorpio12

scorpio12 New commenter

Thanks for your comments.