1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 5 Star of the week rewards????

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by 20336870, Jun 20, 2011.

1. 20336870

20336870 New commenter

Hi! I am going to be teaching Year 5 in September and I am wondering what I can do as my star of the week reward. In previous classes the pupils have taken home a toy and a diary to fill in about what they have done over the weekend with the class toy, but I am thinking that this is probably too young for Year 5. Any ideas????

2. 20336870

20336870 New commenter

Hi! I am going to be teaching Year 5 in September and I am wondering what I can do as my star of the week reward. In previous classes the pupils have taken home a toy and a diary to fill in about what they have done over the weekend with the class toy, but I am thinking that this is probably too young for Year 5. Any ideas????

3. I have given children a free lesson for being good, where they could do something of their choice within reason, ie. go to the library, read, draw, paint, make models, use the computer or just chat, etc. They could be accompanied by a sensible friend, but not need too much supervision. You have to make a decision about whether your particular class could cope with this and how it fits in with school policies.