1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 5 schemes of work?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Dixie82, Dec 19, 2011.

1. I have been a teacher in a middle school for 10 years now and am taking a brave step and moving to a primary school! I will become a teacher of a year 5 class, but I'm worried because I do not know what topics I will need to teach them in all subject areas. Does anyone know where I can find this information from?
    Many thanks

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Ask at the new school, there is no hard and fast rule.

I made the move from middle to primary about 5 years ago, not utterly convinced it was the best career step ever. Though having year 2 this year has been a lot of fun.

3. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

I think that it will depend on the school's schemes of work for Science, ICT, PE and foundation subjects. They'll probably roughly follow the Primary Frameworks for Maths and English but they may have moved away from these by now.
    When do you start? I taught Y5 for many years and loved it. Hopefully you can find out from the school before you begin.

4. The problem I have is it is a first school that is becoming a primary school in September, so they don't have anything set up yet!

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Take all sorts of bits and pieces from your current school. They must have schemes of work and resources.