1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 5 Persuasive Writing

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tweetie pie, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Hi fellow Year 5ers!
    Has anyone got any advice on how best to plan the Year 5 Persuasive Writing Unit?
    I can see that some people have used the FLS material - does anyone know if it is easy to translate this material into the New Framework 'Phases'?
    Any other great ideas to help plan this unit?
    Don't know why 'they' haven't exemplified all the units - it's not like we have to use their ideas!! More work for teachers!

2. Thanks for that. Anyone else?

3. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

I've got a couple of ideas that worked well in my class if you want to leave your email address.

4. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

You have mail.

5. slippeddisc please may I have a copy too? Very cheeky I know but if you don't ask and all that....

tired10@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks ;0S

6. myrtle

myrtle Occasional commenter

7. Any idea which is the persuasive writing unit myrtle? Don't want to spend hours downloading them all!

Thanks

8. myrtle

myrtle Occasional commenter

module 1 - it doesn't take long to download, all units are worth having - check your school to see if you have the FLS 'kit.'

9. wicked witch

wicked witch New commenter

Hamilton Trust have a good unit on keeping animals in Zoos and there is a year 5 booster unit somewhere on the standards site about animals in circuses. I've used both of these before although we always start with the FLS stuff.
    We're only spending 3 weeks on it, haven't got the time to do the 5 or 6 that the new framework wants.

10. Thanks myrtle, am starting to plan this unit today and that looks really helpful.

11. any chance I could see your persuasive writing unit for year 5 please? my email is rosanna.kenber@gmail.com