1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 5 Persuasive Writing obs

Discussion in 'Primary' started by paul_mc1, Jan 23, 2011.

1. paul_mc1

paul_mc1 New commenter

I am being observed tomorrow in a persuasive writing lesson. The task I am going to give the children is to create an advert (they have planned the advert already) to a theme park they have created in Numeracy. The ebility range for the class is 2a-4a. How would you ensure there is enough challenge for the MA? Should I be giving them a separate task or differentiate another way? Any help would be much appreciated and save the rest of my Sunday!
    Thanks

2. paul_mc1

paul_mc1 New commenter

I am being observed tomorrow in a persuasive writing lesson. The task I am going to give the children is to create an advert (they have planned the advert already) to a theme park they have created in Numeracy. The ebility range for the class is 2a-4a. How would you ensure there is enough challenge for the MA? Should I be giving them a separate task or differentiate another way? Any help would be much appreciated and save the rest of my Sunday!
    Thanks

3. BA-simple advert with word bank of adjectives on table with examples of real life ones
    MA-write a letter to a friend persuading them to go (work with them)
    AA-be a travel reporter write a balanced argument betweem two theme parks and then conclude (point of view)
    Use the progression papers on the framework to show you excatly what persuasion looks like for each level
    Keep the same objective for the entire class, your success criteria (WILF if you like) are very different though, and its v obvious differentiation.

4. my MA btw middle ability AA above average, to avoid confusion