1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 5 narrative unit 2 Greek myths

Discussion in 'Primary' started by HGale, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Am going to have a go at planning my literacy tomorrow. However, am dreading it because I know how long it is taking me to plan anything with the new framework.
    Has anybody planned unit 2 before, focusing upon Greek myths? I would appreciate any advice, resources or examples of planning.

Many Thanks in advance
    Hx

HGale1979@hotmail.com

2. Am going to have a go at planning my literacy tomorrow. However, am dreading it because I know how long it is taking me to plan anything with the new framework.
    Has anybody planned unit 2 before, focusing upon Greek myths? I would appreciate any advice, resources or examples of planning.

Many Thanks in advance
    Hx

HGale1979@hotmail.com

3. Hi,
    I haven't planned from the new framework yet, however I did plan year 5 Greek myths last year. Not sure how useful (or perhaps not) it might be as it was my first shot at literacy planning (i was on placement). You should have mail.

4. Thank you firework 16

5. You're welcome

6. Scholastic '100 literacy framework lessons' for Y5 uses Greek myths for this unit, Pandora's box and Jason and the golden fleece. I used it last term and it went well.

7. Hi there,
    Im currently a trainee teacher and i am also doing the Year 5 Lit Unit 2 - Narratives. Also i too am having a focus on ancient greeks, myths, legends etc. I wonder if anyone could help me with basically where to start? Im pretty new to all of this, i have books of myths and legends. Whats next? How can i turn that into a lesson.

Ive seen on the primary framework that there is some sort of guidance but it doenst mean anything to me, help?!

Whatever previous lessons plans that have been mailed about would be very much appriciated for some guidance for me.

Thanks, Nick
    nick_obo@hotmail.com

8. wicked witch

wicked witch New commenter

9. Thanks very much for that, as a note, how do you decide what the text/sentece level work is? Do you just pick one to focus on?

Hockayak

10. Hi

I've recently taught some of this while on supply. The school used these resources from the Welsh site for the legends part, if it helps.

http://www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk/how_to_write_a_legend

Hint - read through the stories first. They are Welsh legends so if you're not Welsh some names/places are quite hard to pronounce when you're just thrown in with the powerpoint and told to go...as I was!

11. Hi I'm starting at new school tomorrow and need a good plan for legends, myths, year 5. I'm being given stuff for first week (assessments) from last term, but really need to get my own schemes from then on. please help me, my brains asleep and im getting in a panic, anything or sites to visit, email please, debibowdery2@aol.com thanks

12. wicked witch

wicked witch New commenter

Hockayak- We did loads of sentence construction work and speech marks to help with their basic writing. They're the 2 objectives from the framework but it was also what our children needed. The sentence work was always directly related to the text so that they could use them straight away.

13. Hi,
    This link no longer seems to work, and I would be interested to see your plans for Greek myths. Would it be possible for you to send me a copy?
    Many thanks
    S

14. marlin

marlin Star commenter