1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 5 Narrative The Piano

Discussion in 'Primary' started by littlemiseducated, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Try cambridgeshire education portal. I downloaded a unit of work from there last year on the piano.

It provided great opportunities to talk about features of films, sound in particular and visual elements.

2. Scrap that idea. Cant find it anywhere on portal. Will have a look on computer and let you know if I find it.

3. arcp

arcp New commenter

children in my class used movie maker to make their own films they turned out really well. For the first phase used some of the ideas from 100 literacy lessons

4. This is the version with narration:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XPJqHgV_1zk

I've got the text typed out if you want a copy.

We looked at the original version and the slide show version linked above, then we made our own narrated slide shows using a different video.

5. emma44

emma44 New commenter

Thanks so much for all of that.
    BlueGibbon - I liked your idea about using a different video. What sort of video did you use? Was it one the children made or one you found from somewhere else?

6. thanks for the great link bluegibbon
    would you mind emailing me a copy of the text?
    thanks in advance
    barley343@yahoo.co.uk

7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnlCz1P95WM

I took stills from this video and put them in Photo Story. Children added their own narration and then played about with slide transition and music. I've still got the resources saved if you want to have a look.

8. Ive just taught this unit and it went really well. If you leave your email address I will send you my planning x

9. hi bluegibbon
    would love to see the text and the resources re photostory. I have taught the unit before and it went very well, but this is an aspect I would like to include this year.
    barley343@yahoo.co.uk

10. I'm trying to send you a copy of the worksheet we used for planning, but due to its size it's taking a while. If it arrives successfully, let me know and I'll try sending the Photo Story file which is even bigger.

11. you have mail bluegibbon!

12. The file was too big to send. I've cut it into six and am trying again.

13. poet

poet New commenter

I loved that version on youtube! Well done you - what a great idea. We're going to be doing it after the hols and i'd love to have a look at your plans if thats ok?? northernbird45@hotmail.com
    Thanks
    P

14. emma44

emma44 New commenter

15. Wonderwoman1

Wonderwoman1 New commenter

Sorry to jump on the band wagon but I would be very grateful if someone could send me Bluegibbon's stuff on the piano. Thanks

wonderwomanjen@hotmail.co.uk

16. Wonderwoman1

Thanks for the link Chelsey

17. The Resource Bank would not allow me to upload the blank slide show as it was too big. For some reason, it also prevented me from uploading the Publisher files even though these were much smaller. I ended up adding the pages as image files. These won't be much use but at least you can see what we did.

https://www.tes.co.uk/Resources/Resource.aspx?action=added...

Children used this booklet to plan their writing. Photo Story contained the same images in the form of a slide show into which children then added their narration. After formating the font, changing slide transition and adding music, we had slide shows of a similar style to the original.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XPJqHgV_1zk

I've sent copies of the text to everyone who asked although I don't have any planning that's of any real value; we undertook this project during an assessment week.

18. Wonderwoman1

Thanks BlueGibbon for links.