1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 5 Mathematics Block Assessments

Discussion in 'Primary' started by katree1985, May 2, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    Does anyone know where I can get some decent (and preferably free) assessments for the end of each mathematics block? eg. a Block A assessment, Block B.... etc. I know that Wigan do generic ones for the whole of unit 3 but I was hoping to find something for each block so that we could identify gaps before the move into Year 6.
    If anyone knows of any I would be really grateful as I have googled it to death! :)

Katree

2. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

I don't like Rising Stars. Find them very inaccurate. My G&T girl in maths, who will be taking the level 6 optional paper and who has been practising on ks3 past papers, came out as a 3B on one of the unit assessments...I don't think so!!!

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter

My apologies. I only used them for one term on a maternity cover, so didn't realise that they weren't so great. Do you have anything better you could suggest for the OP? I can't seem to find anything else that might help.
    Collins Maths, I seem to remember, do some NC objectives tests, but these are not in the framework blocks.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter

5. I use testbase. You can pick and choose your questions and differentiate for groups giving some groups more level 3 questions, some level 4s and some groups level 4 and 5's
    They are all qustions from past SAT's papers so therefore prepare your children for those too!

6. Try googling Wigan Maths assessments, block assessments for each year group. They are o.k.

For year 5 gaps though, try a past Year 6 SATs Paper