1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 5 Literacy Older Literature - Wind in the Willows

Discussion in 'Primary' started by captain oats, Dec 22, 2010.

1. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

Next term I am planning on using The WInd in the WIllows for the Year 5 literacy unit on Older Literature.

I was just wondering if anyone had used this before? I have some ideas for lessons on it but just wanted to see what other people have done in the past?

If you haven't used this particular book and have done this unit, what book did you use? What did the children do?

Loads of questions I know, thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

Will you read the whole book as a class novel?

3. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

We will do some work on it in Literacy lessons, but yes the plan is to hopefully read the whole book as well.

4. I have a unit planned on Wind and the Willows for Year 5.
    If you email me, I can reply and attach - if it's any help.
    I also have a unit planned on Just William - also for Older Literature. We used abridged versions of the book. Let me know if they would also be any good.

rpreedy@bucksgfl.org.uk

5. Doing this with my Y5/6 at the moment. Hamilton trust have a good unit for it but it includes the Water Babies as well which I'm not a huge fan of. I'd also recommend you look at the BBC podcast teacher notes, some really good ideas.

Pm me if you want to see my planning.