1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 5 interview help!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Stotty101, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Stotty101

Stotty101 New commenter

Hello,
    I am secondary teacher hoping to move to primary. Dreaded first interview on Monday. Numeracy Year 5. Know I'm probably overthinking but I can not decide what to do!!! Emailed school for information about class 3 SEN - 2 working at Y2 and one on PIVATS. Topics going to cover this term - 4 operations, line graphs, symmetry and data handling. I have 30 mins. At the moment all Im doing is flitting from one to the next! Any bright ideas???

2. terri1972

terri1972 New commenter

I would stick with the four operations. A quick mini whiteboard AfL activity will give you an idea what they're capable of.
    I'm sure you've used it, but try NRich for some good investigation ideas to get the kids involved quickly.
    Good luck!

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I have that problem each and every time I do an interview lesson.
    I flit from one fab idea to another to another and another.
    Eventually time catches up and I get my head down and make a decision and go with it.
    I can tell you what I might do, but I'm not you. What works for me might be a disaster for you and I'd hate you to fail by trying to be me.

Good luck with whatever you decide...
    I moved from secondary to primary a while ago and would never go back for all the world!