1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 5 instructions big writing

Discussion in 'Primary' started by chatty_teacher, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Am having a mental block, need some ideas for warm up activities and the actual big write, for end of unit assessment for big writing.

How does this sound (pinched idea from JT from last yr!) if I make something e.g. smoothie/sandwich etc and for each section we do some vcop type activities, e.g. I give boring sentence like put the fruit in the mixer - chn use whiteboards to uplevel, add connectives, highre level vocab etc

Then after play the children write the instructions for what they've just seen happen - does that sound ok?

Could yr 5 get level 4/5 in their instructions? What might I have to add to get that as some are that level?

Thank you

2. Am having a mental block, need some ideas for warm up activities and the actual big write, for end of unit assessment for big writing.

How does this sound (pinched idea from JT from last yr!) if I make something e.g. smoothie/sandwich etc and for each section we do some vcop type activities, e.g. I give boring sentence like put the fruit in the mixer - chn use whiteboards to uplevel, add connectives, highre level vocab etc

Then after play the children write the instructions for what they've just seen happen - does that sound ok?

Could yr 5 get level 4/5 in their instructions? What might I have to add to get that as some are that level?

Thank you

3. I have a lesson plan for a lesson observation on Y5 instructions (Big Writing)
    Email me if you think it would be useful

ukhippychick@yahoo.co.uk

4. Hi UKippyChick do you still have the lesson plan for the big write?

If so is there any chance I could get it please

felhr@hotmail.com

5. I would be very grateful for instructional writing for the big write.
    I teach a mixed year 4/5 class and we will be writing instructions on How to Train a Dragon!
    jayneandchas@hotmail.com
    Thank you