1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 5 creative curriculum / NC key skills planning - anyone??!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by dcb, Jun 30, 2008.

1. dcb

dcb

Hi there!
    My school is due to abondon qca's next academic year and to plan short term topics using the national curriculum and sommerset key skills.
    I have experimented a bit with a more creative curriculum in year 3 but am now moving to year 5 for the first time and have been left with a pretty limited selection of poor planning by the previous teacher who has now moved schools.
    Just looking for a starting point/good example of planning for a topic.
    Many thanks

2. dcb

dcb

anyone?!!!

3. Can send you a x curricular spider topic plan for Victorians greeks and rainforests if they are of any use.

4. myrtle

myrtle Occasional commenter

5. Wonderwoman1

Wonderwoman1 New commenter

241708 I would love a copy of your curriculum spider topic plan for Victorians pretty please as this is what the juniors are doing in our school next September. Thanks a lot.

wonderwomanjen@hotmail.co.uk

6. Have forwarded everyones requests and would like feedback when you receive them as to whether they are useful or not as I am always looking for ideas/suggestions from others. You never know whether you are interpreting things as you should.Thanks

7. 241708- Hi, we are starting to develop the creative curriculum in our school and I don't know where to start! Could I please have a copy of your plan? jo_gill35@hotmail.com
    Also is there a planning sheet you then fill in for each activity/lesson or do you work from your mind map? Any help or advice would be really appreciated.
    dcb - What has your school set in place to begin this?

8. starburst35
    you have mail. we do a med term plan for each subject and then weekly plans for literacy etc

9. myrtle

myrtle Occasional commenter

Thank you, very useful.

10. hi
    would also love a copy of ths if that's ok - also going down this route in sept
    barley343@yahoo.co.uk
    thanks in advance :)

11. dcb

dcb

Hi there
    241708: I would love a copy of the planning offered.. I was the original poster!
    blaymid01@leedslearning.net
    Will def leave feedback for you. Thank you!

starburst35 : We have been plannning as 'topics' for last two years and have had a couple of training days but thats it really!

12. dcb
    is there any chance you could send me a copy of your planning? We have gone down the topic route this year, but I don't feel that I did any of my topics justice. I'd appreciate if you could.
    Thanks.
    sazzysarah@hotmail.com

13. sorry can I jump on the band wagon and have a copy of your spidergrams/MTP if possible - I am struggling on actually how to implement this for September.
    Thanks in advance
    friedfrazzled@googlemail.com

14. you all have mail

15. Hi -thanks for plans. I likes the idea of a victorian day. Could use this to kick start topic. How long do people do topics for or do they vary?

16. Hey can I see the Ancient Greek stuff pelase?! We're heading this way in September and am scared!!!
    NixKB@hotmail.com