1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

year 5/6 maths displays

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ROLLING, Sep 10, 2011.

1. i am in the process of making a maths display- i know they need a maths working wall but there are a few problems-the children do not actually face a wall except for smart board. so the noticeboard to be maths board is visible to some but not most! they have their own maths mats and if needed 100 sq etc on iwb. What should be on a y5/6 maths wall? could i just do a display current to a1 block say on factors and place value or something? am a bit stuck.

2. i am in the process of making a maths display- i know they need a maths working wall but there are a few problems-the children do not actually face a wall except for smart board. so the noticeboard to be maths board is visible to some but not most! they have their own maths mats and if needed 100 sq etc on iwb. What should be on a y5/6 maths wall? could i just do a display current to a1 block say on factors and place value or something? am a bit stuck.

3. We display examples of written calculation methods to use e.g column addition, grid method multiplication... Also unit related visual prompts e.g place value grids, how to round numbers. Vocabulary reminders.

4. thank you- i've decided to do - vocabulary (unit based), methods, questions related to what we've done eg. how to multiply by 10? etc. Dont have any childrnes work on it though-except for spaces for them to write things on.

5. Hi, you might find the 'Number themed' display lettering useful. This resource is on a Word document, which enables you to cut and paste onto a second blank Word document, only the letters/numbers/symbols you require and resize them if needed.
    http://www.primarytreasurechest.com/display-lettering.html