1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 4 Stories from other cultures - Pakistan

Discussion in 'Primary' started by beanie80, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Hi
    Last year in year 4 we did 'A Village in India' geography topic and tied it in nicely with some Indian stories for literacy. This year we've been told to adapt the geography to 'A Village in Pakistan' as it will reflect our school community more - so of course I'd like to change the literacy too and work on stories from Pakistan - however, I'm struggling to find any! There are countless lovely books of Indian stories on amazon etc, but cannot find any Pakistani ones!

Any ideas? Or will I have to give up and do Indian stories/choose a completely different country?

2. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

There is one about a girl at the time when Pakistan is separating from India, but I cannot remember it off the top of my head. But I'm sure that there was some nls planning linked to it. I want to say it has the word garden in the title? But I may be making that up, I'll have a google around.
  3. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

The Peacock Garden by Anita Desai.