1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 4 - Poetry planning

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lisfunnqt, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Hi folks!
    I'm new to planning year 4 literacy (2nd year of teaching and first time i'm teaching year 4).

Due to curriculum timetable I have to teach unit 2 of poetry first. This is all fine, HOWEVER I'm finding the plan on the framework baffling.

It's the Exploring form unit - a lot of ICT is included in the teaching sequence - which could be an issue due to the lack of it in our school.

Has anyone taught this unit before? If so, how did you go about it? The teaching sequence doesn't say anything about the clas creating their own poems?

Oh - any help would be appreciated! I'm just very confused and want to crack on with actually planning / preparing for the unit.

2. Hi folks!
    I'm new to planning year 4 literacy (2nd year of teaching and first time i'm teaching year 4).

Due to curriculum timetable I have to teach unit 2 of poetry first. This is all fine, HOWEVER I'm finding the plan on the framework baffling.

It's the Exploring form unit - a lot of ICT is included in the teaching sequence - which could be an issue due to the lack of it in our school.

Has anyone taught this unit before? If so, how did you go about it? The teaching sequence doesn't say anything about the clas creating their own poems?

Oh - any help would be appreciated! I'm just very confused and want to crack on with actually planning / preparing for the unit.