1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

year 4 optional sats 2006

Discussion in 'Primary' started by amuth, May 24, 2009.

1. reading and writing task please

2. reading and writing task please

3. If it's the one that is sitting in a box on my floor waiting to be marked then:
    Reading - a long piece of text about the Antarctic and the race to be the first to reach the South Pole followed by a shorter diary type piece by Lizzie from Newsround visiting the base for a couple of days. Questions are mostly 'tick the box' answers with a few what do you think type questions.
    Writing - short task is you've won a competition to go to the Antarctic. Everything is provided but you still have room for two small items. What would you take and why. Long task is to write a one day diary about a visit to the base, drawing on what they have read in the reading test and the spelling test paper.
    HTH
    KC

4. If it's that one the thing I found teaching Y4 in the past was that it's such a boy-orientated paper that the girls were completely switched off by it and did pants. It's such an abstract concept to them that they found it hard to relate (my class and imagination didn't meet anywhere near) to it and produce good work.
    Just a minor heads up.

5. year 4 2006 antarctic adventures answers booklet please

6. Sorry,
    Not logged on for a while - busy writing reports, marking tests [grrr] and trying to get my head round a 'skills-based, creative curriculum' that we have to start in September.
    Do you still need the answers?

7. Hi Can you please tell me where can i obtain 2006 year 3 optional sats paper for both maths and english ?Thanks.

8. Hi there, I am in desperate need of the answer booklet for the Y4 English paper. you would save my life if you could send me a copy? thanks ever so much.
    Dani

9. Please could i have the answer booklet for year 4 reading and writing test. Would appreciate this.

Thanx

10. sallymgoodman

sallymgoodman New commenter

I think everything from the 2006 test is on the St Joseph's Pickering site, under Past Papers

11. Hi marie,

Its Ann again! I just thought that perhaps I should have used this to email you as it shows what you wrote early this year. Im after the reading booklet for Antarctica adventures year 4 2006 optional sats.
    Thanks in advance Ann

12. If you haven't got a copy of the answer/ mark scheme yet I could probably send you a copy - would greatly appreciate a copy of the maths 2006 if you have it ??????