1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 4 Mental Oral Starters

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Calipo, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Hi, just wondering what mental oral starters teachers use for maths in y4? I currently use bingo, loop cards etc. Any ideas (especially those which are fun and interactive) would be much appreciated. Also, if anyone knows of a good book that I might be able to buy to help me with this, that would be helpful! Thank you!!

2. one game I play is Shoot Out. Each groupis asked questions. The first to answer can 'shoot out' (not very pc i know) someone in the group. Last person standing is the winner of that group. Then all winners go to a Grand Final. It is possible for anyone to win this. The children love it, often request it as a fill in activity and I 've played this for 3/4 years now.

3. Thank you so much! The shoot out game sounds really fun- I'm sure my class would love that and there are tons of fantastic ideas on www.transum.org! Thanks!

4. Sorry for seeming a bit dim here but could you please explain how the game is played. Is it shoot as in scoring goals or shout?

Thank you in advance