1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

year 4 lesson at an interview

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Funtime Franky, May 12, 2011.

1. Hi, I have an interview at special school for children with complex needs. I have to teach for 30 mins a year 4 class , children are working between P2 (i) and level 1. Any ideas?
    I had thought to do 3 billy goats gruff - story sack with props, blue glittery material for the river, green furry materail for the grass and brown velvet for the mud. Could feel the fabrics first then use pupetts to tell it? What do you think? Have got a simple book version to refer to?

2. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

Sounds good Funtime. Do you know what support you will have? You could get some of the pupils working at early P levels to feel squishy mud (wet clay or brown couloured dough) then wash it off in the wet river and dry their hands on the grass (rough green towel)
    Some more mobile pupils could act it all out "trip trapping" over the shiny fabric river via the brown non slip mat bridge.

3. Thank you!