1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 4 Interview Teaching Activity

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ryder43, May 18, 2012.

1. Hi everyone, I have been invited for an interview next Thursday at a local school and today received my brief for the teaching activity. I have to teach a 20 minute lesson where text is used as a stimulus to inspire children's writing. Two members of the senior leadership team will be observing.

The school has kindly sent me an attainment guide which informs me that the range is from 1c to 4c and includes 5 children who speak English as an additional language including Punjabi and Urdu. This guide is for both writing and reading.

I was going to use Kit Wright's 'The Magic Box, but feel 20 minutes would not be enough time to do the subject justice. Help

2. Hi everyone, I have been invited for an interview next Thursday at a local school and today received my brief for the teaching activity. I have to teach a 20 minute lesson where text is used as a stimulus to inspire children's writing. Two members of the senior leadership team will be observing.

The school has kindly sent me an attainment guide which informs me that the range is from 1c to 4c and includes 5 children who speak English as an additional language including Punjabi and Urdu. This guide is for both writing and reading.

I was going to use Kit Wright's 'The Magic Box, but feel 20 minutes would not be enough time to do the subject justice. Help