1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 4 Information Texts

Discussion in 'Primary' started by skt107, Jan 3, 2009.

1. HELLLP! I have spent all day trying to plan this literacy unit! It will be linked with my Romans topic and I have a wealth of resources but just don't know where to start!!

I know I would like my outcome to be a class information book on the Romans (including a contents page, glossary etc), but any ideas on how I can build up to this? I also need to do some kind of BWD at the end of the unit, but not sure what on or how!!

Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanku in advance!!

2. HELLLP! I have spent all day trying to plan this literacy unit! It will be linked with my Romans topic and I have a wealth of resources but just don't know where to start!!

I know I would like my outcome to be a class information book on the Romans (including a contents page, glossary etc), but any ideas on how I can build up to this? I also need to do some kind of BWD at the end of the unit, but not sure what on or how!!

Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanku in advance!!

3. I'm starting with this topic next week and I'm basing it on my Egyptians topic but I have narrowed it down to Tutankhamun and they will be making it into a moving book to link in with my DT unit.

I've divided the learning overview into three phases and put drama into the second phase. I will probably take about 7 days in phase 1, 5 in phase 2 and the rest in phase 3 as they will be putting the book together then. I would expect it to take about 4 weeks. Can email my first week's planning if you want to start you off. Mind you, it's the first time that I've done this unit so I don't know how it will work out. By the way, I am obviously being very thick, but what does BWD mean?

4. ooh if you don't mind that would be great!! my e-mail add is year.4@live.co.uk - it'd really help thanku so much! And if there's anything i can do for u in return let me know, and ill b more than happy to help!

Sorry my fault! BWD is Big Writing Day. Im really not sure how im going to do that. maybe an information leaflet or something. Anyone got any other ideas?

I like your idea of doing it as the moving book - great idea!! Thanks again!

5. You have mail.

6. Jumping on the bandwagon, same problem for me, our topic is our school 'past, present and future'. Would love to see your first weeks planning if you don't mind.

Legslesley@btinternet.com

7. Jumping on the bandwagon, same problem for me, our topic is our school 'past, present and future'. Would love to see your first weeks planning if you don't mind.

Legslesley@btinternet.com

You have email

8. Sorry to be a pain, but don't seem to have got your email Irulan!

9. thanku irulan! Thats great! sphynxthinker let me know if u still havent got it and i can forward it to you x

10. Thanks skt107, still haven't got it. Must be lost in that big cyber space hole that emails and texts seem to sometimes get lost in. It took a text to my sister in law 5 days to arrive at her phone!

Looking forward to you forwarding it to me, happy new year.

11. Hi i am also doing this unit & Egyptians too - would love to see your planning thanks x

12. thanks for that skt107 - have had a quick look and it looks great, thanks to irulan.

13. Hi if anyone has this planning I would love to see it thanks email is andi@tesco.net

14. just sent it on to you ...

15. Ok, going to be cheeky and ask for a copy too...May I?
    email addy -

email_kell at yahoo.com

16. I know this is a very old thread but I am moving into a year 3/4 class and our first topic is Egyptians.
    I wondered if you still had the planning you created for the year 4 unit information texts.
    If so, please could you email me is kladenburg@gmail.com
    Many thanks

17. Hi. Any chance you could send it to me?

email: clarinetgemma@hotmail.com

Many thanks G x

18. Same as above, old forum but would really appreciate a copy of the planning provided..NQT and would like to start back after Christmas with this unit. Thank you - hannah_lassie@hotmail.com