1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 4 - Information Text Lesson Planning

Discussion in 'Primary' started by newmoon98, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Hi Folks,
    I am looking to plan Information Texts for my first focus back after the Christmas hols. I am finding this very confusing and would appreciate any activities, ideas or planning to indiciate/give ideas for this topic. I am thinking of basing it on Star Wars (to encourage the boys in my class) to create a page towards creating a group book - any help greatly appreciated, Confused NQT!

2. Hi Folks,
    I am looking to plan Information Texts for my first focus back after the Christmas hols. I am finding this very confusing and would appreciate any activities, ideas or planning to indiciate/give ideas for this topic. I am thinking of basing it on Star Wars (to encourage the boys in my class) to create a page towards creating a group book - any help greatly appreciated, Confused NQT!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

You need to expose the children to as many information texts as possible, ask them to bring in some they ahve at home.
    Then build up the features of 'What makes an information text attractive to You the reader? This will help them plan which features they want to include in their own.

4. Thank you very much! I am finding this tricky to look at. I'm not sure the children where I work will have various information texts - maybe one or two. Thats great :)