1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 4 ICT advice

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Lauren1, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Lauren1

Lauren1 New commenter

Would anyone be able to advise as to what software they use to cover Year 4 Branching Databases in ICT? I've struggled to find what to use. The school I've joined doesn't seem to have covered it before.
    Would Junior Viewpoint cover it? Lots of schools seem to have this, so I've heard but I don't know if it has databases on. Also, I've seen flexitree advertised online. Could anyone recommend what they use that works well or what to avoid?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Do they have Textease Studio? If so, it is part of that. I always use it - very easy and fun!

3. 2simple do an "Infant Video Toolkit" that has "2Question" to create branching databases.

4. Lauren1

Lauren1 New commenter

Right I will see if school has that loaded on. For some reason, it's only part loaded onto the laptops and don't know where the software is! Thank you.

5. Lauren1

Lauren1 New commenter

Thank you. Being cheeky, would you mind letting me know what else Textease has - does it do lots of useful things for a couple of year groups?

6. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Textease Studio has a full suite of presentation, graphics, control, database and word processing programs, with acommon workspace, all of which can be bought individually (I believe) or bundled.
    Junior Viewpoint is a relational database rather than a branching 'database'. I have 'quoted' the latter as I don't really see them as databases. They provide classification keys, more or less, and are not strictly required by the national curriculum, although it is another way of organising and presenting information. I don't bother with them personally. flexitree would be a good choice if you intend to pursue them without Textease.

7. Lauren1

Lauren1 New commenter

That's really helpful information, thank you!

8. greenpaddy

greenpaddy New commenter

We use flexitree in our school.