1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 4 activity for SCITT observation

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by pcbrad, Jan 16, 2020.

1. pcbrad

pcbrad New commenter

Ive been invited for interview and to deliver a 15 minute lesson to year 4 based on a book linked to the curriculum. Problem being all of my prior experience is in early years. Any ideas?

2. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

Look at the national curriculum and what is expected to be taught in year 4. Pick something you like from that and then find a book that links to it.

3. helloteaching2019

helloteaching2019 New commenter

I’m currently in year 4 and we are doing demon dentist, I believe they did George’s marvellous medicine before. You could do a nice comparison of characters, maybe read them a chapter asking them to take notes as you read then do a little quiz giving them descriptions and then using their notes asking them what character do they relate, how did they know it was that character? or a searching activity as you read a chapter get them to put their hands up when they hear, e.g put your hands up when you hear a metaphor etc, you could even do that as a class bingo.

Good luck!! Hope it goes well :)