1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 4/5 sequences lesson

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Gila, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Hi, I'm teaching an interview lesson on Wednesday to a mixed ability year 4/5 class about sequences (my choice). I was going to include sequences with negative numbers, decimals, and irregular steps to provide a challenge. Thinking of including the Fibonacci sequence for the HA, and children making up their own. Obviously the independent work would be differentiated, this is more a general question whether it would be better to just focus on one type of sequence, or whether it's ok to cover a variety. Do you think that's too much in one lesson, should I focus on i.e. sequences with regular steps including negative numbers, or just sequences with decimals? Or just focus on irregular steps? Thanks for any advice, just wondering how to pitch it, as I haven't taught in upper KS2 for a while, and obivously they'll be year 6 very soon...

2. I guess what I'm really asking is, would the LO continue number sequences be alright, or should it be more specific, ie continue number sequence containing negative/decimal numbers/with irregular steps?