1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 3 Topics

Discussion in 'Primary' started by maxinebradshaw, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Hi! I have a mixed age class within my year group so cannot teach the same topics as last year as some children did them last year but have moved to a year 3/4 mixed class! I've just spent the last term doing all the work around 'The Iron Man' by Ted Hughes. I did a lot of Science, Geography, PSE, Art & DT. This term I want to start a new topic which will lend itself well to History. Unfortunately all the history periods (Celts, Romans, Tudors, WW2, Victorians, Greeks, Castle life) are being taught in other year groups so I can't resort to a 'pure' history topic. I need something more generic. Had thought about 'Toys' or 'Homes' but wondered if anyone had any other bright ideas!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks.

2. Hi! I have a mixed age class within my year group so cannot teach the same topics as last year as some children did them last year but have moved to a year 3/4 mixed class! I've just spent the last term doing all the work around 'The Iron Man' by Ted Hughes. I did a lot of Science, Geography, PSE, Art & DT. This term I want to start a new topic which will lend itself well to History. Unfortunately all the history periods (Celts, Romans, Tudors, WW2, Victorians, Greeks, Castle life) are being taught in other year groups so I can't resort to a 'pure' history topic. I need something more generic. Had thought about 'Toys' or 'Homes' but wondered if anyone had any other bright ideas!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks.

3. Travel, clothes.
    Maybe you could track entertainment? From gladiator wrestles to Xbox!