1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 3 Topics - what do u do?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cbdixon, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Hi,

Just having a look at my planning and want to rejig/rename some of my topics. I was wondering what other teachers have as their topics in Y3?

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

2. Anyone?! Please!

3. hi, im in Y3 and my termly topics are Egyptians, Settlements/ Villages and Romans and the local environment.

im an NQT and was given these topics, but there is a fair balance of history and geography in there,

hope these help x

4. Do you mean topics for the creative curriculum or subject topics? In my year 3 I do

Geography-Weather around the world and Local geography
    History- The egyptians then The vikings
    Science-magnets and springs, teeth and healthy eating, materials, rocks and soils (yawn!!) plants, then light and shadow
    Art-masks, patterns then relationships (sketching)

5. sorry i meant topics for a creative curriculum!

6. We've only just started Creative curriculum so to date have only done pirates! We are currently working our way through space. Each topic lasts a full term ( ie 12 weeks) and these so far have been whole school topics-although we are planning to diversify after Easter as yrs 4,5 and 6 want to cover WW2 and R/1/2/3 don't!

7. Thank u everyone, got some good ideas x

8. Trialling new ideas,
    this year we are doing;
    Once upon a time
    Rainforests
    Romans
    Chocolate!

9. deeks

deeks New commenter

i done once upon a time and rainforests which the kids loved
    i would love to know what you did for chocolate as the kids would love that topic as would i!!!
    Thanks
    Deeks

10. We do:
    • Teeth
    • Volcanoes
    • Invaders
    • Monsters
    • WW2
    • Shadows
    I have it all on a large matrix with all the cross curricular links if you'd like a copy.

11. Littletigger, could I have a copy of your matrix too please? Am looking at how to link our Y3 topics a little better, needin inspiration.
    Becca_lu123@hotmail.com
    Thanks in advance

12. Hi,
    I am just moving into Y3 and would love a copy of your matrix too!
    Many thanks in advance,
    Sharon

13. Please can I have a copy of your matrix too? We are starting with this next year and are trying to get some ideas together. Your help would be very much appreciated!

14. hi little tigger
    im moving into year 3/4 next term and would really like a copy too- my email is clipwillis@hotmail.co.uk
    thanks very much in advance..

15. Jackie12

Jackie12 New commenter

Hi Little Tigger, please could i have a copy too as its back to year 3 for me after 7 years!! help Jackie