1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 3 Penpals - anyone interested?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by g3mmalina, Sep 8, 2008.

1. I've just started in my new year 3 class and as a school (junior) we are starting a new push with handwriting. This means our new year 3's have become our guineapigs. I'm hoping to make handwriting a bit more exciting by having penpals in a different school,and hopefully in a different area in the UK This would hopefully make handwriting more meaningful as they recieve short letters from a penpal and practice their best handwriting when replying.
    Just sending the idea out to see if it is of interest to anyone else

2. I've just started in my new year 3 class and as a school (junior) we are starting a new push with handwriting. This means our new year 3's have become our guineapigs. I'm hoping to make handwriting a bit more exciting by having penpals in a different school,and hopefully in a different area in the UK This would hopefully make handwriting more meaningful as they recieve short letters from a penpal and practice their best handwriting when replying.
    Just sending the idea out to see if it is of interest to anyone else

3. i may be interested, I am Y3 north of England semi rural x

4. Hiya,

We actually had a staff meeting last night about handwriting so I think it would be a great idea. I'm also in year 3, near Gatwick Airport in the South East!

Kate

x

5. Sorry, forgot to leave my email address.

Give me a shout if anyone is interested!

stealthkate@hotmail.co.uk

x

6. Hi all Y3 out there... I'd love my low ability Y2/3 class to have penpals anywhere. i'm in a very wet Lancashire so if anyone fancies aconnection my email addie is

scareyfairy@blueyonder.co.uk

Cant wait![​IMG]

7. I am interested either linking up with you or other school. We are in quite a deprived area and will be a mixed Year 3/4 class next year.

8. Ladykaza

Ladykaza Senior commenter

If you're looking for a partner school I'd definitely be interested. I have a mixed year 3/4/5/6 class in a tiny village school in semi-rural Kent. Let me know if this sounds suitable.

9. Hi. I'll be teaching a Y3 class from September. I live in a town north of Birmingham.
    Would defintiely be interested in writing to your class if you've not had many other offers.
    email emski1980@hotmail.com

10. I'm moving to Y3 in September. in a seaside town in the north west.
    email owlwiseowl@yahoo.com
    I've 30 in the class and a purpose for some writing would be good especially to give them an insight to other areas of the country.

11. stuffedcrust

stuffedcrust New commenter

Yes please! I'm moving to Y3 in September and this sounds great! I'm in sunny Doncaster! High deprivation and lots of free school meals.

penpals@jembo.me.uk

12. Hi, this sounds like a great idea! I'm definately in!
    I've got Y3/4 in Sept and we are pushing writing in our school, particularly writing for a purpose. They would LOVE to get real letters as I bet most of them never do. We are an inner city school in a very deprived area of Hull.
    My email address is: senditfast33@hotmail.co.uk

[​IMG]

13. Ladykaza

Hi folks, I've sent you both emails.

14. Ladykaza

Hey folks,
    I knew I shouldn't have answered the phone midway through emailing the first 2 posters after me.
    I've missed the last 2 posts in the meantime. So ... I've emailed some of you and not others.
    I'm really interested in contacting any or all of you.... we could pair up or really go for it and do some sort of project talking to friends all over the country.
    Thanks for all your posts.... please feel free to email me
    karen.hutton@shipbourne.kent.sch.uk
    End of term brain now giving up entirely!!

15. Nickky

Nickky New commenter

Hi,
    I would be really interested in a project like this aswell. I have a year 2/3 and 4 class next year. My school is in a small rural village.
    My email is nicola-coles@talk21.com
    Thanks

16. Hi,

I am in a small rural school and just moving into a mixed 3/4 class. I would be really interested in setting up some penpals for the children.

My email is katelouisebishop@hotmail.com
    I am on holiday from tonight but will respond to any emails I get hwne I am back next week - it's a fab idea and will give the children a real purpose ot their writing

Kate

17. I would also be interested in this. I will have a 3 year class of 23 and would be great to give them some reason to write!

18. I would also be interested in this. Have a mixed Year 3/4 class in a primary school in Middlesbrough. 28 children in class and a wide range of abilities. Please email me if interested ruthanderson101@hotmail.com