1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 3 Literacy first week back planning?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by yellowboat, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Hello there I am new to year 3 and starting to panic as I haven't found any planning for the topic stories with familair settings bought the hamilton but can't get hold of the text they suggested and lacking inspiration if anyone has any planning can they email it to me please? I would be really grateful thanks in advance
    janverita@yahoo.co.uk

2. If I remember correctly, those plans only use the book in question for the first few lessons in the unit. Could you not use a different book for those lessons?
    Or switch the units around. Last year in year 3 we did mystery and adenture first and them moved onto the familiar settings, worked fine.

3. Not planned mine yet but I expect to base it around Three Billy Goats Gruff. We are going to then change it to being based around our village after a class walk.

4. Thanks to all the replies. Was thinking too narrowly. Will find an alternative text and plan objectives around it. Thank you all again!