1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 3 library suggestions?

Discussion in 'Book club' started by Keep Smiling!, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Keep Smiling!

Keep Smiling! New commenter

Hi, I'm hoping to set up a small class library for my class so that they can choose a variety of books during their free choice time. Does anyone have any recommendations for this age group? I'm looking for fiction, non fiction, comics - a good selection really. I am going to buy them second hand from amazon (hopefully) or if anyone knows any good websites where you can get second hand books that'd be great!

2. Keep Smiling!

Keep Smiling! New commenter

Hi, I'm hoping to set up a small class library for my class so that they can choose a variety of books during their free choice time. Does anyone have any recommendations for this age group? I'm looking for fiction, non fiction, comics - a good selection really. I am going to buy them second hand from amazon (hopefully) or if anyone knows any good websites where you can get second hand books that'd be great!

3. I don't know if you are still looking but here are some books I have found go down well with this age group:
    Horrible Histories/Dead Famous Series
    Mr. Gum books
    The Alex Rider series - Anthony Horowitz
    My son enjoyed the Beast Quest books (Adam Blade) and Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Jeff Kinney) at that age.
    I once got hold of a stack of National Geographics. The children really enjoyed looking at the pictures and they generated lots of discussion/interest.